AOM - Correct data if different?

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Bleeve

AOM - Correct data if different?

Post by Bleeve »

I have loads of anime that I recently moved onto a HDD from DVDs. Right now it's all in MyList marked as being stored on CD. I want to run these files through AOM and I want AOM to change the state to HDD from CD. I also want AOM to add a little note in the Storage field.

When I add one of those files in AOM it just hashes and renames it without updating the state in MyList. If I first remove the file from MyList before adding it in AOM, then it works fine. In other words, if a file already is in MyList, then AOM doesn't update it. Is it supposed to be like that? Is there any way to change it?

I thought that the "Correct data if different" setting might be what I was looking for, but it doesn't seem to work. If I enable it and press OK, the next time I enter Settings again it's been automatically disabled. This only happens to this specific setting.

I'd prefer a solution to this that doesn't involve first deleting all the files in question from MyList. Thank you.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Sadly I had to disable the "correct data if different" feature as people misunderstood how it worked and destroyed their mylists. (Can't blame them, it was poorly done.) I may reintroduce it in aom.6 but you can't do this in aom.5 anymore, sorry.

You can do the same thing manually pretty easy though:
1) Mark all new files (or all files if there are too many) in the "known files" tab
2) Right click and select Add to / Edit mylist...
3) Change state to "On HDD"
4) Make sure only the checkbox next to the "State" dropdown is selected.
5) Press ok.
Bleeve

Post by Bleeve »

Ahh, of course. I was supposed to know that. :) Thank you.