AoM 0.5.3 released!

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Memory usage is a known, old dead horse, I don't really care about it for the current version, it's working and it's useful, that's the main thing. I might fix it in the future time allowing but atm time doesn't.

Anyway, AOM ram usage ain't all that bad once it's swapped out, most of the information ain't used so it'll stay swapped out to the hdd.
WhoCares

Post by WhoCares »

Another positive side of AoM. Offline anime info browsing.

A while ago I was @ a small LAN party with no internet available. I just loved AoM back then.
Insyder

Post by Insyder »

The program works and I'm thankful to you guys.

Just wanted you to see this screenshot:

:roll:
my specs: p4 2.8 Ghz HT 1024 MB //if not for HT it would be 100% CPU usage :(
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

I bet that's during the dump upda4e where it takes extra memory.
Duragizer

Post by Duragizer »

AOM is making the mylist management a whole lot easier but have you ever thought about making it open source and add it as project on source forge putting together a team of devs. I think that would make wonders for AOM a fresh mind in anothers code can bring end to problems you yet alone cant seem to find.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Duragizer wrote:AOM is making the mylist management a whole lot easier but have you ever thought about making it open source and add it as project on source forge putting together a team of devs. I think that would make wonders for AOM a fresh mind in anothers code can bring end to problems you yet alone cant seem to find.
Making it OpenSource is not allowed by EXP so it won't happen sorry.

If however you're interested to contribute the program is written in Delphi. Always interested in people wishing to help.
Agozer

Post by Agozer »

I'm sure most of you have already noticed this, but AniDB-o-Matic no longer finds the pictures of each anime entry, since it's looking for the pictures at the wrong place.
sphere

Post by sphere »

is this program still under development?
AnimeOtaku

Post by AnimeOtaku »

put your eyes at the top of the Client Discussion forum...what you see...a sticky ... AOM 0.5.5 released.

and yes it is still under development, but the developer don't have so much time.
sphere

Post by sphere »

ahh.. sorry for the dumb question. got linked here directly from the wiki so totally missed the forum stickies.

thanks for pointing out.