AoM 200.6 (aka AoM Longhaul) progress foobar: [-105%] done

misc client related stuff

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

OnegaiNL

Post by OnegaiNL »

Skywalka wrote:I am fine the way it is. I just said I am tired of waiting and moved on to the "Whatever" notion... I have AoM 0.5, it works, I am fine.

Nobody acutally needs 0.6 that much unless we all knew what features it would actually have in the end and what parts of it will work.

Don't get me wrong, I really want something like the stuff that has been mentioned about 0.6 but this more and more feels like waiting for Windows 95 and finding out later that 2000 was the real kicker with XP beeing the really good version.

I mean there is certainly a reason why the next version is 0.6 and not 1.0.

The reason back in October for me to want the client was because I ran out of discspace. Now I moved on and deleted stuff from my discs and the database will have to live with the fact that the new automatically changed values via a CREQ won't come from me - but then again I also stopped adding manual CREQs.

Just like you I have a finite amount of time and nobody can blame you for not working faster as long as you work at all.

In 2000 I went and registered AK-Mail. I mean I gave the guy who programmed it money. After a while the program started losing my mails - I downloaded the new mail, clicked one, and the preview was empty. I notified the developer and that guy did not do anything for over a year. He didn't update the website nor the program. Finally in 2002 he started programming again. IF AK-Mail was free, I would've tried it again with the new version. But that guy has seen me for the last time. So as long as AoM is free, nobody here can actually be angry in any way, and I guess we aren't. It just feels like christmas without actually happening and we are all ancious to finally get our hands on the next version because we like the stuff AoM 0.5 does so much. We love your work dude, and to quote Wayne and Garth "We're not worhty".

Where's the ring I can kiss mylord? ^_^
i want the generic files @ all anime series lol
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

OnegaiNL wrote:i want the generic files @ all anime series lol
So does AoM 0.6. :roll:
(Some of the features require generic files to be present for all episodes of an anime to work properly.)

I'm in the add generic files already camp, I don't think aom will suffer all that much over an extra 15k files when it's already like 60k over what it was when designed (and even then it kinda sucked). ;)
OnegaiNL

Post by OnegaiNL »

PetriW wrote:
OnegaiNL wrote:i want the generic files @ all anime series lol
So does AoM 0.6. :roll:
(Some of the features require generic files to be present for all episodes of an anime to work properly.)

I'm in the add generic files already camp, I don't think aom will suffer all that much over an extra 15k files when it's already like 60k over what it was when designed (and even then it kinda sucked). ;)
ehm... i was talking about AoM 0.6 O_O
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

Yeah :-)

If I had only 512MB of RAM I'd be more more needy for 0.6 ^_^

Anyway, I'll install MIRC now and drop by #aom to get the alpha... at least that way I can add all the episode lengths.
alaureijs

Post by alaureijs »

Code: Select all

[16/01/2005 14:03:14] + There is a new version of AniDB O'Matic available, please upgrade!
The suspense is killing me... :wink:
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Sorry, that's an AniDB API bug. :roll:
Lokhor

Post by Lokhor »

So how much longer till the new version comes out?
e-Viper

Post by e-Viper »

Lokhor wrote:So how much longer till the new version comes out?
they gonna release it togeter with naruto 250 (aka i'll be out when it's ready)
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Not only he is delaying the full Generics support at AniDB but now he is hurting DVD sales as well! Image
Babaluma wrote:Damn, I guess I'll have to start keeping textfiles again. I'll try to not buy anime until aom 0.6 is out.

Bye,
Babaluma
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

DonGato wrote:Not only he is delaying the full Generics support at AniDB but now he is hurting DVD sales as well! Image
If you stop 3 seconds to think a little you'd realize Exp is just using it as an excuse to avoid doing the work.

There are no reasons for making it dependant on the release of 0.6.
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

Yes, I know... or maybe he is using it just to tease you. :P
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

Whatever it might be I'm probably the one least pleased with it so I guess that's a major reason why too.
Skywalka

Post by Skywalka »

It's April.

Just wanted to mention that.
lucky644

Post by lucky644 »

Can't wait for the next release :)
DonGato

Post by DonGato »

lucky644 wrote:Can't wait for the next release :)
A real problem, as you will have to... :D