New stats for active users/mylists [DENIED]

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

wahaha
AniDB Staff

New stats for active users/mylists [DENIED]

Post by wahaha »

With now 4000 users (8O) it'd be interesting to know how many of them are actual users and not just the "signed up once, didn't care ever since"-type.

The first stat I'd believe to be useful is "active users", maybe based on "logged in at least once in the last 30 days", to have a hint how many people use at least the webpage.

A second interesting stat could be "... mylists", either based on a certain minimum (>100 files = "established mylists"), or on a certain last-added-time (added 1 file within last 30 days = "active mylists").

Ideas? Objections? Critics? Flames? Tomatoes? ;)
theMug

Post by theMug »

The First stat could be the one used to refer to how many "real" users we have. The query should be simple enough to modify. Personally I don't believe in counting the rotten apples (having an acoount with one anime added 2 months ago is what I consider rotten).

Active users is difficult to count, as you would want several criteria to work on it. If someone has an "established" mylist with plenty of files but due to vacation etc. hasn't added for some time is still an active user.

The real difficult thing to take into consideration is the non-otakus, with only a couple of files and an add-activity of only once in a while. If you want to include them in the measurement, you have to have a very low threshold. I doubt that stats for that would be very useful.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

Well,

stats like those are already part of the mod only stats pages.
although not as fancy as the once you requested.

Total Users:

Users which logged in at least once:

Users with a mylist (>10 files i think, not sure though):

So most ppl are in deed leechers. But I didn't expect anything else.

BYe!
EXP

PS: yes, we will make more stats public some day, it's on the todo list.