Remove Anime Planet Reccomendations [DENIED]

AniDB Client Feature Requests go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Jazzinghen

Remove Anime Planet Reccomendations [DENIED]

Post by Jazzinghen »

I'm not so happy about the raccomendations that could be founded on Anime Planet.
I think it's not a useful service because the anime reccomended are not similar nor related with the one that are linked to. I suppose that they make raccomendations randomly.
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

The quality of the recommendations vary quite a bit yeah but it's actually pretty decent most of the time. It's a neat service that's free (except for the space on the page!!!), if you want better recommendations maybe you should add your own ones? :D
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

well,

the recommendations are certainly not random, the problem is simply that they don't have a very large base of votes to base the recommendation on.
this makes the "quality" of the recommendation vary quite a bit depending on how many ppl made recommendation for that anime so far.
I am pretty sure that they will improve a lot once more ppl voted.

BYe!
EXP
Gambit
AniDB Staff

Post by Gambit »

If you have voted/seen enough anime (over 30 series/movies), then AniDB hint would be more accurate. Try the new/strict system to get a bit closer hints as well.

Since Planet is more used for newbies who haven`t seen that much, these recommendations are useful, but for the die-hard otaku AniDB hint would be much more useful, since it gives a list of recommendations based on your preferences (based on what you have voted/in mylist - compared to what other people with these animes have voted).