AOM memmory usage with the last update [FIXED]

Bug reports for an official AniDB Client go here

Moderators: AniDB, AniDB API

Demondrega

AOM memmory usage with the last update [FIXED]

Post by Demondrega »

Ok until now the cllient used 80-100megs of ram, which was 'ok'. It's alot for what it does, but hey still 'ok'. Since .219 my client uses 300 or MORE megs of ram. Which is dead wrong. I'm at the point where I don't want to use the client anymore. I have a gig of ram, but I don't imagine spending a third of my sys resources on aom. Either something happened or your link lists are running wild once you get beyond so and so nodes? Also this may have something to do with the fact that some animes don't show in 'mylist' from the AOM window, but they show up on the www mylist page. So dangling pointers? Well something is wrong, cause 300+ megs of ram use is really really REALLY bad :? .

Well g/l

~Demon
PetriW
AniDB Staff

Post by PetriW »

It's index fragmenting, I have no idea how you got it THAT fragmented though. 8O
There was a serious bug in it so I had to disable it, better some extra ram use than entries being lost. A temp fix is to delete all files in the kowai folder except the "local_" ones, this will update the cache from scratch (and lower ram usage to ~80mb again).