UDP Api questions

Want to help out? Need help accessing the AniDB API? This is the place to ask questions.

Moderator: AniDB

oo22

UDP Api questions

Post by oo22 »

I've just got a few questions about some API responses i've recvieved before..

firstly, after logging in with good credentials every thing is fine. After attempting to login again with some bad credentials, the server returns a sucessful login with the session from the previouse login.

I'm assuming that the server will not discard the good session for the bad one here.. And is there anything like a 4xx ALREADY_LOGGED_IN return code?

and also, What is the difference beween

Code: Select all

CLIENT_VERSION_OUTDATED   503
and

Code: Select all

LOGIN_ACCEPTED_NEW_VER   201
If attempting to log in and getting a 503, does it mean my login failed AND there is a new version? (like the 201 code)

Thanks for any insight into this..
oo22
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

I'm assuming that the server will not discard the good session for the bad one here.. And is there anything like a 4xx ALREADY_LOGGED_IN return code?
there is only one session. and no such message. ALREADY_LOGGED_IN == LOGIN_ACCEPTED

CLIENT_VERSION_OUTDATED -> the udp server has been updated and does not support your client any longer. (protover is too low)

LOGIN_ACCEPTED_NEW_VER -> the _client_ has been updated. you, as the developer, control this @ http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=client
oo22

Post by oo22 »

Thank you. I wasnt too sure on the differences, this helps a lot. Should I note them in the wiki?
epoximator
AniDB Staff

Post by epoximator »

feel free to improve the wiki page, yes