How can I get the template to actually work

Want to help out? Need help accessing the AniDB API? This is the place to ask questions.

Moderator: AniDB

Zephiris

How can I get the template to actually work

Post by Zephiris »

Well, I don't like posting stupid questions, but I tried to find the answer myself for few hours without success. Here should be some FAQ, because I think this question has been asked before.

I have understood that the exporting mylist function is that I can upload mylist somewhere on my server to show what I got for my friends by sending link to them etc. When I export the list, I get tar file something like: "1119806620-19694.tar". I try to extract it and I get same name file with no filetype. How can I convert the tar file to the html format?
hhaamu

Post by hhaamu »

Winrar, winzip, 7zip etc handle it.

Or just use tar zxvf 1119806620-19694.tgz
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

the files you download are .tgz or .tar.gz files. In a way those are packaged _twice_. So with some decompression programms you might actually have to decompress the file twice.
First you have the .tgz or .tar.gz file. After decompressing it with WinZip, WinRAR, ... you may end up with a .tar file. If you decompress (it's not actually compressed, but that doesn't matter here) that file you should end up with all the files you need to upload your mylist export somewhere.

BYe!
EXP
fahrenheit
AniDB Staff

Post by fahrenheit »

winrar does it all on one go
Zephiris

thanks

Post by Zephiris »

Thanks for your help. I got it now to work. It was first the tar file and after extracting it it gave file with no filetype (no ending). but I renamed it to .gz and after extrating it everything worked well.