Viewing top 20?

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

aintnospam

Viewing top 20?

Post by aintnospam »

What is the method for generating the top 10 anime list? It's not just the plain average because there are lots of animes with only a few votes. I dont see any options to rank all the animes on anidb under this formula. Is it possible to view more than the top 10 animes using this formula? Something like the top 20 or 50?
egg

Post by egg »

aintnospam

Post by aintnospam »

I've already found this option but it shows animes with barely any votes. I dont think it uses the same sorting code as the one that compiles the top 10 on the front page.
egg

Post by egg »

These are the 10 highest rated animes in AniDB as rated by AniDB users. An anime must have a minimum number of votes to be listed on the Top 10. You can get a longer list of the highest rated animes by going to the Animelist and doing a descending sort on the Rating column.

Yes, the code is different, but that is what there is. The top ten will NOT be expanded (it has been brought up many times before). Actually many mods believe it should be removed completely, so if you like it, be thankful that it is still there. The issue is that it leads to too much voting fraud so that people can try to get what they want to be in the top ten. If you search the forum you should find a number of discussions about it.