Anidb User Maintaince

All your questions about AniDB belong in here.
No download support!

Moderator: AniDB

DustMaKeR

Anidb User Maintaince

Post by DustMaKeR »

Hi i've been a member of anidb for quite a long time. Im an encdoer for certain group and have been reporting files for 2 years. As i see on anidb anyone can add files on any group as he pleases witch is very bad, they can also edit the already entered releases. So i think this way pepole that don't like certain groups may do damage to them by changing, deleting or adding wrong entries. I was wondering if a group can have a restricted access for the ops only, only they're allowed to add, modify or delete new releases and etc etc. Tnx for reviewing my post.
pelican
AniDB Staff

Re: Anidb User Maintaince

Post by pelican »

...don't be ridiculous.
  1. Being a member of the group in question doesn't make you infallible.
  2. Our users are probably more interested in getting the files in the db quickly than you are.
  3. While it is true that any user can add files, changes by anyone except the user who added the file (and while there are some who will stubbornly change the information back, this is rare) have to be approved by an AniDB moderator, and questionable changes will not usually be granted without some sort of proof.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

I don't see how a change like this would actually improve the data in anidb.
It would probably mainly slow the addition of new files down.

BYe!
EXP
nwa
AniDB Staff

Post by nwa »

If the user who added the file changes it back to how it was after a legit and justified creq then feel free to report it to a mod, although we can't give you the ownership of a file, we however can take the ownership of that file so that the only way to change anything about the info is to do a creq.

While AniDB will probably never issue restriction to adding entries, perhaps in the future, group oriented rights can be implemented... like certain users having more control over the file released by their group, of course, that would mean additional modding as we'd need to check if you really are in a group and we'd need to known when you leave the group etc.

Who knows... atm, AniDB isn't that known amongst the groups anyway.
exp
Site Admin

Post by exp »

nwa wrote:Who knows... atm, AniDB isn't that known amongst the groups anyway.
which is kinda sad :P

BYe!
EXP